The Man Shop is not like many places you have worked before. Our motto to our clients is “Getting your haircut does not have to suck.” The same is true for those that choose to work with us, “Going to work doesn’t have to suck”.
First and foremost – To enjoy going to work, you have to create a “positive” work environment. We have zero tolerance for gossip, negativity, “bitchy betties” and “negative nellies”. Creating a positive enjoyable environment takes continued effort each day and is a focus we live by from the owners to each staff member.
We also are not big fans of the “corporate culture” of “non-stop” rules and regulations. We have very few rules. Come in and act like a professional, and we will treat you like a professional!
Who are we looking for?
- Experience in men’s haircutting is a huge plus, but not always mandatory for the right person.
- A positive light-hearted spirit. You always look at the glass as “half full.”
- Flexibility. Everyone starts with some nights and weekend work.
- A true commitment to offering “superior” customer service. It is the core of what has built our business. Our clients “come first.”
- You understand being a professional is more than just having a cosmetology license. You take your work seriously, rarely miss or are late for your shifts and understand “teamwork.”
What we offer:
- Our stylist on average beat the industry trend of “turn-over.” Our stylists stay with us on average for two plus years and many of them have five and six plus years with us.
- We offer an above industry starting hourly wage (depending on your experience).
- We also have a “real” commission program that pays our stylist an extra 3% to 13% per pay check in commissions of all services and products sold (over 90% of our staff qualifies for commissions every pay period).
- Above average tips. Our clients love the Man Shop experience and tip accordingly.
- Limited rules. The main one being be a professional at all times but have fun!
- $12 per hour to start (plus commission!)
- 40 hours each week (we are busy), set schedules
- Commission (on all services and product sales)
- 100% Employer Paid Dental
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and PTO
- Employer matching 401K retirement program
We are looking for career minded people! Stop accepting less than what you are worth and come talk to us.
What to do now?
- If you think you have what it takes, submit an application right away. We do not usually run “help wanted” ads. Word is out that this is a great place to work.
- You can stop by our store at 1124 West Central and fill out an application, email us or contact us with the form below. We look forward to having you join our team!